Wedding Ideas

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Girl Talk: Millennials are customizing traditional wedding values


Once every four years, the calendar presents us with a leap year.

As if we don’t have enough days in the year to make mistakes, once every four years we have one extra day to make it right, but why can’t leap day be in the summer? An old Irish tradition says that in a leap year, it is socially acceptable for a woman to propose to a man. As a society we have moved past so many antiquated traditions, yet when it comes to marriage and the rules of love, is it wrong to take the other path instead of the one laid for us by our ancestors?

I am the first to admit that I am a traditional girl when it comes to certain customs.

I want to get married in the same church as my parents and grandparents. I want someone to get down on one knee, present me with a diamond ring, and ask me to be his wife. I want my big day to include the old, new, borrowed and blue and I want to have my daddy walk me down the aisle.

Read more from here

2 comments: